Have you been given an Orchid?

Grow Orchids
I've been given this orchid and have absolutely no idea how to look after it. Worse than that: I went on holiday soon after, leaving my delicate new plant in the hands of Mr G. (The Philistine Gardener) and on my return it was almost dead.

As a rule, orchids die more often from over-watering, than anything else.  Mine was bone-dry, the new buds were dropping off and it definitely needed water!

Time for action!
I popped it in the shower (after I got out, obviously) and left it in the steam.  It perked up.  Orchids need to be watered sparingly. Roots are important, too.  If the roots are bright green, the plant has sufficient water and if they are a silvery grey, it needs watering. Luckily, my orchid survived and now lives in the bathroom, where it is quite happy. 


Click on this video to find out how you can  save your orchid!
By Classy Flowers!

Find out more here

Gardeners World offer a helpful overview: How to Care for Orchids.


If you are want something simple, how about Orchids for Dummies?!

Have you grown orchids? If so, please comment in the box below.

Comments