Adaptable Furniture For a Growing Family...

I am insanely practical.  I love the range of adaptable furniture I found in libraries: movable tables and bookcases and chairs that are multi-functional.  With this in mind, I wanted our children's room to be as versatile as possible.  This room already had two computer stations (used by all the family) TV and sofa-bed, but storage was a huge issue.

I will show you how to make these large floor cushions, in a post later this week. I have an idea of how to use them in a new space...


Our children are growing up, almost teenagers, but still young enough to play with Lego! They needed storage for art and craft stuff and we are BIG on painting, drawing and anything creative. They needed somewhere for DVD's and CD's  and Lego...We put together a STUVA Ikea cupboard and drawers, which gave us lots of storage and room to spare.

We have also bought a STUVA Storage Bench for their board games.  This is birch and on castors (on the right in the picture below...) It fits our modern scheme and can be pulled out and put away easily by the kids.  The room is coming together and looking more adult.


Finally, we added an adjustable table, so that the children can do homework, art, craft and Lego! 


We thought it would be lovely to make this a dual purpose area and put the cushions underneath to make a cosy den.  They have already tested this out and enjoy reading under there.


Hopefully, we have age-proofed this room and it will grow with them. I like the clean lines and modern furniture.

Thank you for reading my blog today.  I hope it has given you some ideas!






Comments