Bedside Cabinet Makeover! Paint Job!

Ever bought a new bed and discovered that it is too tall for your bedside cabinet?

We had this problem and I discovered an old bedside cabinet in the garage being used to store Dad's old tools.. A plan began to hatch in my head, so I took the old cabinet out of the garage and did this:
  • Sanded down the old cabinet
  • Painted it with two coats of primer
  • Painted two top coats
  • Changed the knobs
I gave it to my Daughter with a few paint starter pots, so that she could decorate it herself.  She drew several pictures to test out her ideas.  Then she chose flowers and butterflies and painted a big tree down one side.  Here it is in all its glory!

 My daughter loved doing a bit of DIY!

She enjoyed painting her own design.

This is the right height for the bed and our girl is delighted that she has designed it herself.  Who would have thought that a dirty old chest could have turned out so well and given so much fun?

Have you got a furniture makeover that you are proud of and would like to share with us? If so, please leave a comment below.


Thank you for reading my blog and have a good day :)

Comments

  1. Beautiful, I love that your daughter helped paint it, I bet shes really proud. Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comments, Hannah! I was surprised that my daughter enjoyed this so much. The freedom to paint whatever she wanted and the opportunity to get messy was just too good to miss :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment