Bird Life on The Plot

I was surprised when a large buzzard flew right across the garden.  It launched itself from a tree, swooping past my head, into the fields beyond.  They are a common sight here, but are usually found soaring high up in the thermals. It was a treat to see one so close.
Buzzard

 Our Green Woodpecker hops about under the orchard trees, looking for ants, beetles and insects.  

 The wren is a familiar visitor to our garden.  Mine loves to dart about behind my pots, eagerly looking for insects.
 Jays visit from time to time: they live in the fields beyond...

I have a few robins who follows me when I am digging and hop about hopefully, looking for worms.

I often hear owls at night, but I never see them.  The garden is surrounded by fields, hedgerows and trees and provides excellent cover.  There are the usual garden thugs, too: pigeons and magpies.  I use netting to protect my vegetables and I scare away the magpies at nesting time...

Thank you for finding time to read my blog.  Have you had any interesting feathered visitors to your garden?  If so, I would love to hear about them :)

Comments