On the Plot This Week!

This week, it has been a week of firsts and food! I harvested my first purple beans, the wild flowers have been blooming and I made my first courgetti spaghetti.  I am usually drowning in courgettes by this time...but this year has been terrible. So far, only ONE courgette below!





I turned the courgettes into Lemon Garlic Courgette/Zucchini Noodles They were very garlicky, so be warned if you try it!


Spaghetti Bolognese and Spanish Omelette easily hide extra veggies at this time of year :) There was a time when my kids refused to eat my home-grown veg and it was seriously dispiriting.  The reason I began growing food was to feed THEM healthily. It has taken time, but now, they eat everything with no complaints...

I've been making the most of my freezer this week.  I freeze batches of beans at the same time as prepping them for dinner.  That way, I get two jobs done in one! I also freeze old bananas and turn them into ice-cream.  We ate this banana ice-cream with a scoop of vanilla and strawberries one hot day last week.  I love it and it is good for you.  

You can find the banana ice-cream recipe here in an earlier post.


I am also defrosting chocolate cake!  This cake is a regular in my house and I make two at a time: one to eat and one to freeze... I decorate this one with buttercream icing and buttons for children ( and you can freeze it decorated).  I prefer adding chopped dark chocolate, dusting with icing sugar and serving with cream.  It is a versatile recipe and I will post it here soon.


I am ending this post with the wild flowers and two bees (there's a play in there somewhere!)
Thank you for reading my blog. Enjoy your day!

Links
Don't forget to visit Mrs G on Pinterest for other recipes!

Have you got any family freezer recipes you would like to share with us? If so, I would be delighted to hear from you...

Comments