Potting on!

I have been planting salad leaves: various packets that I stashed away in my seedbox and never got around to using.  This year, I weeded out all the ancient seeds and kept back packets that were just one or two years out of date.

The results were better than expected.  From three trays of salad one failed completely, but the other two were great! Since the, I have planted three more trays and the seedlings are growing in every tray. Old seeds are definitely worth a go... My success rate was 5 out of 6 trays :)

 I have potted on broccoli and kale, hoping that they will catch up.

My new potting trowels make transplanting much easier.


My Mum used a teaspoon for potting on her plants, until my Dad looked at the hallmark and gasped: 'This is a solid silver spoon!' Ha, ha!

See John Harrison's Growing Guide for August to find out what you could be planting right now!



Comments