Shed Love and Rhubarb!

Here's my bolt-hole "Valhalla", surrounded by the conch shells and Belfast sinks that we found buried in the garden!

Every gardener needs a shed to store their tools and equipment.  Mine is a potting shed with windows round three sides that let in loads of light.  It sits at the top of the garden and looks right over my vegetable plot.  It is the first real shed I have ever had and I love it.


I am growing carrots, wild flowers and poppies out front, plus a whole host of other plants in pots, which are waiting to be sited elsewhere in the garden.  There are two peonies that were rescued from the bulldozer: after the bulldozer had driven over them a couple of times... They're still going strong.


I also found a late variety of rhubarb in an overgrown corner of the plot.  It needs a new home and is temporarily growing in a big pot at the side of my shed. It is a heavy feeder, so I am using home-made fertiliser (see picture below) and it has grown considerably.


Click here if you are also Transplanting Rhubarb and need help. The 20 Minute Garden offers a wealth of information and articles on gardening.  There are several useful links about growing, transplanting and container-growing rhubarb.

Remember all the weeds that grew on my patch a few weeks' ago?  Here they were at the start (and they are too smelly to photograph now!) They made a great fertiliser and I'm now diluting it (1 to 10 parts water) and feeding the vegetables.

Find more recipes in this Guide for  DIY Plant Fertilisers in The Smallholder Series. Weed and feed, my friends!

Thank you for taking time to stop by and read my blog :)

Comments