Bird Life on The Plot

I was surprised when a large buzzard flew right across my path in the garden.  It launched itself from a tree, swooping past my head, into the fields beyond.  They are a common sight here, but are usually found soaring high up in the thermals. It was a treat to see one so close!
Buzzard

 Green Woodpeckers hops about under the orchard trees, looking for ants, beetles and insects.  

 The wren is a familiar visitor to our garden. They love to dart about behind my pots, eagerly looking for insects.
 Jays visit from time to time: they live in the fields beyond...

I have a pair of robins who follow me when I am digging and they hop about hopefully, looking for worms.

I often hear owls at night, but never see them.  The garden is surrounded by fields, hedgerows and trees and provides excellent cover.  There are the usual garden thugs, too: pigeons and magpies.  I use netting to protect my vegetables and scare away the magpies at nesting time...for all the good it does!

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog.  Have you had any interesting feathered visitors to your garden?  If so, I would love to hear about them :)

Comments