Cooking off the Plot!

Been very busy in the last few weeks...and I didn't realise  how busy, until now!  Since the kids have returned to school I've had a chance to catch up on the plot.

We're eating, freezing and giving away beans! Courgettes are growing well and are being turned into soup or chocolate muffins.  I give them as a Thank You to friends who help me out and are too busy to make their own.

Making Courgette Soup and Chocolate Courgette Muffins!...Click on the links for recipes.

Making Gorgeous Courgette Soup!









I am freezing blackcurrants, blackberries and damsons, making desserts or turning them into jams, jellies and cordial.


Life is easier when you can plan ahead.  I make large freezable portions of cinnamon crumble, ready to sprinkle on fruit and bake straightaway. It makes a quick dessert, which is often cooking as we eat our main meal.  Remember: if you are struggling, just do the best with the time you have.


I have to end on this delicious dessert: Blackcurrant and Apple Cinnamon Crumble.  Check out future posts as this recipe and my Quick and Easy Fruit Fool (pictured next to the Damson Jelly) are coming soon!

Thanks for reading this post and I hope you return soon :)

Visit Mrs G on Pinterest for Jam, Jellies and Cordial Recipes and other makes, bakes and gardening tips.

Comments