Delicious Chocolate Roulade, Tried and Tested!

Mary Berry's Chocolate Roulade

This recipe for Chocolate Roulade is so good and so easy, that it has appeared in Mary Berry's cookery books, TV programme, website and I have spotted it in several magazine articles, too.

It is a simple recipe and produces a rich cake with a dense chocolate flavour.  It uses few ingredients, keeps well and always delivers.

This dessert is so popular in my house that, like Mary Berry, I return to it time and time again...

Click Here for Mary's Recipe

Tip: You can make it and freeze it for later!

I have never frozen this cake because once it is cooking and the smell of chocolate wafts around the house, my family are desperate to eat it...

Fillings to try
  • Jam and whipped cream 
  • Chocolate spread and whipped cream
  • Fresh strawberries, sliced with whipped cream

Serve with:
  • Ice cream 
  • Cream  
  • Caramel or chocolate sauce
  • Fresh fruit (eg:raspberries, blueberries, bananas or strawberries)
  • Tinned fruit, if you are stuck, also works! We like peaches.
  • Morello cherry-pie filling - yum!

How do you eat yours? I love mine with fresh fruit, but Mr G prefers it with cream.  Enjoy!

If you have a special chocolate cake you would like to share, please contact me and let me know.  I

Comments