Family Olympics!

Have you enjoyed watching the Olympics? Why not set up your own Family Olympics and get everyone out in the garden keeping fit and having fun! Try different activities that you enjoy.  See below some of those we have tried.

My Mum's potato and spoon races were legendary when we were kids...


Some events to try

For Older Children

  • Badminton/tennis
  • Trampolining or gymnastic competition
  • Tennis-ball Shotput 
  • Archery
  • Run/Scooter/cycle/skate around a course
  • Running and skipping races
  • Sack races and three-legged-races
  • Hula hooping contest
  • Assault course with a mix of activities (from lists above and below)


For Younger Children
  • Balancing a beanbag on your head race
  • Egg and spoon (we prefer potato and spoon...)
  • Balance beam (use a rope or plank on the grass)
  • Jumping competition -over a blanket/towel
  • Dancing competition
  • Throwing a ball in the bucket

Do you hold your own Family Olympics? Let me know if you have a special event like my Mum's!  I would love to hear from you.

Thank you for joining me today and reading my blog!

Comments