Growing Patty Pan!

I grew my first Patty Pan Squash this year and nothing went to plan! I thought the cold and wet Spring would kill them off.  It checked them.  Then Mr G cleared a patch of weeds to give them space to grow!


The plants went into the ground late, in mid-August and looked poor. Then we went on holiday.  On our return, the sun and rain had helped hugely and they looked really good :)


Released from cloches (with rabbit defences in place) they've been steadily growing and flowering. The bees have worked their magic and both patty pans and pumpkins are flowering well. I'm not sure the pumpkins will catch up, but that's another story.



Here are the first patty pan harvested and I am delighted!  There are more to come if the weather holds.  As with so many things in my plot this year, they have been slow to grow, but have come good in the end.


Have you had any surprising results this year?  If so, I would love to hear about them.

Patty Pan Squash Recipes

www.finecooking.com Summer squash with thyme and toasted pine nuts.
Delishably.com  Seven ways to cook patty pan squash.

Explore more recipes on my Cook Board at Mrs G on Pinterest

Thanks for dropping by today and reading this post :)  Have a good week and see you soon.

Comments