Malus Gorgeous: Crab Apple Tree!

Thinking of planting a Crab Apple Tree?  I chose Malus Gorgeous for our orchard as a pollinator for my new apple trees.   I planted a Bramley Apple cooker and Honey Crisp eating apple and they are full of fruit in their first cropping year.


Malus Gorgeous is a pretty addition to the plot with delicate pink flowers in Spring and stunning red fruit in the Autumn, that last through to Winter.  It is an attractive tree and is often recommended for small gardens.


I have found it to be a reliable and heavy cropper.  For those of you who like making jam, there is the added bonus that it makes delicious ruby-red apple jelly.  The recipe I use, can be found here...on my Jam and Cordial Pinterest Page.

Useful Links

Monty Don talks about Crab Apples Trees and recommends his favourites in The Daily Mail 
For more info on growth and habitat of Malus Gorgeous,visit the RHS Malus Gorgeous Web Page

Visit Mrs G. on Pinterest for more Jams and Jellies and other cooking, sewing, growing and crafting ideas and tutorials.

Thanks for reading my blog today :)

Comments