This Week on the Plot: Carrots, Cake and Kale!

It has been a quiet time on the plot, this week.  However, the last carrots are up and the kale is doing well - and just in time because Mr G is juicing anything that moves!  Kale is a super food, packed with nutrients and I am growing it to feed the family. It is packed with Vitamin C and contains no fat.


A word of warning though : kale does not suit everybody.  If you are taking beta-blockers, blood thinners or have kidney problems, you need to limit your potassium intake and kale is rich in potassium.  Dad, if you are reading this, this includes you!  Read all about the Health Benefits and Risks at medicalnewstoday.com.


Finally on to the best bit: Christmas cake :) I baked ours last week and am feeding it with brandy.  I baked my Mum's this week and next week I will bake for my brothers.  We love Christmas cake, turkey and pudding.  At Christmas, our focus is on food and family and baking for them is my way of sharing the love...As they say on Blue Peter, here is one I made earlier!

Thank you for reading my blog today :)

Links
6 Things You Don't Know About Kale - Huffington Post
Kale Recipes - Good Food Recipes
Top 10 Health Benefits of Eating Kale - authoritynutrition.com
Health Benefits and Risks -  medicalnewstoday.com
8 Killer Kale Recipes - by Jamie Oliver
25 Christmas Cake Decoration Ideas! - gathered by designsnext.com

Comments