How's My New Year's Resolution Progressing?

Well, I've made a start.  Have you?  Remember, if you give up one day, it doesn't mean you've lost the battle.  Pick yourself up and take it one step at a time...

Since my last post, I been going for regular walks around the park and the village with friends and family. I'm making exercise part of my fixed routine and fitting other things around it...

I've also returned to the gym and feel better for it (but I go with my Gym Buddy as we support each other!  So far, so good on the exercise front...

 I'm always looking up at the sky when out walking!

My family share my enthusiasm for walking, now...

I love walking - even in snowy weather with the right gear!  Being outdoors gives you natural lift...I feel the cold and always wear lots of layers: thermals and winter walking trousers. Hand-warmers are also good for keeping out the cold.

Of course, healthy eating is important to keep fit.   It is easy to think that the extra cake or bar of chocolate is okay, but it makes it harder for you to lose weight and shape up.  I definitely need to be more sensible about what I eat, now Christmas is over!  My weight is fine, but I want to tone up and get fitter.


This time last year I couldn't walk to my gate, without limping, let alone round the park.  I had persistent Achilles trouble.  I tried rest, painkillers, tendon exercises and heel inserts, but nothing worked as well as cycling.  It is the perfect exercise to strengthen the ankle and now I can walk as much as I like!
Good luck with your resolutions! 
Tell me about them below...

Comments