New Year's Resolution: Getting Fit. Progress so far...

Since Christmas, I've been walking whenever possible, with friends and family.


I've a confession to make: I'm still eating Christmas cake every day...
but I am eating healthier meals.


Healthier breakfast cereal, fruit and salads and broth packed with vegetables are a good way to kickstart  yourself into 2017! 




I've started back at the gym after a month's break.  Family issues and Christmas broke my routine.  I was doing so well, but that's life, isn't it?  I made sure I took a friend to the gym, so I had no excuse to back out!  Start small and build it up...

Today I walked round the village and Friday I will do circuits in the park.  Anything you can add to your usual routine helps. If you build up your activity, you will get fitter. Walking is great exercise.  It is free and you can go with friends or on your own. I love it.

I am not an advocate of 'No pain, no gain!'  but like to stretch myself. On Monday I started back at my spinning class and loved it.  With trained instructors and music to cycle to, it is a fun way to exercise.  In a group, you have both the support and competition to stretch you as little or as far as you want to go...

Good luck with your resolutions and don't worry if you slip...
We all do.  Keep going as you CAN do it :)

Comments