Family, Food, Fitness and Feathers!

After a rubbish start to my Keep Fit Resolution, I hit the gym for a spin class. After a week off with family, I was determined to keep it up.  I did waver in the car park, but spotted a friend and walked in with them.  I picked a bike at the front of the class, knowing I'd have to concentrate harder, to avoid looking a total idiot!  I'm glad I went: it was a good workout.


I've also started hula-hooping (Gangnam style!) with help from my eleven-year-old Trainer.  She laughed and laughed at me, but I'm getting the hang of it.  I aim to do 10 minutes each day.  Find out how good hula-hooping is by following the links below...

Can You Hula Hoop Your Way to a better Core?  - Breakingmuscle.com.
The 10-Minute HulaHoop Workout - plus YouTube video

Our regular Friday power-walk around the park was rained off so we popped into the cafe for tea and cinnamon toast, instead.  It didn't help our fitness but it was so good to catch up with friends.

My eldest daughter has been cooking for her Chef''s Badge at Scouts and made Spaghetti Bolognese and Red Velvet Cupcakes, this week. These pictured are Vegan and Dairy-Free.  She also baked the regular recipe. (Recipes are listed below.)  25 cupcakes went to the Scout Hut and none came back!

My youngest took charge of the frying-pan on Shrove Tuesday and we had a great time making pancakes with lemon and sugar (my favourite) and Uncle Chris's favourite, banana and chocolate spread! Follow my Links for a similar recipe.

I've been stewing more apples from my store.  I add it to porridge and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Sounds weird, but it is delicious :)


Look at these delightful parsnips!  I found this buried treasure whilst moving my rhubarb and digging in the rain.  I served them up for dinner with the Sunday Roast and they tasted superb. 
  

My favourite visitor to the garden this week has to be the beautiful pheasant that strutted in from the fields.  He even posed for a picture.  Isn't he fabulous?
Thank you for reading my Blog.  Enjoy your weekend!
Links
Red Velvet Cupcakes - Sally's Baking Addiction
Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes  - YouTube video by the Scranline
Can You Hula Hoop Your Way to a better Core?  - Breakingmuscle.com
The 10-Minute Hulahoop Workout - plus YouTube video.
Perfect Pancakes - BBC GoodFood

Comments