News From the Veg Patch and the Gym!

Remember my New Year's Resolution to get fit?  The key is to keep going...I swear they're trying to kill me down the gym.  I have just done another 4-Run Monday at the Spin Class.  Last week I struggled to keep up, but this week I nailed it.  I hate going, but love it when I'm there and feel much better afterwards...  Over all though, my resolution is looking good :)


Look the daffodils are here!  Spring is definitely in it's way.  Mr G took time off and dug and weeded my veg patch, ready for potatoes.  He also dug in some beautiful, home-made, wormy compost for the potatoes and the beans.

I've been catching up with some late winter pruning (soft fruit bushes) and weeding. I covered the bed with bark to save weeding throughout the Summer, too...Fingers crossed! Doesn't this look great? I'll be revisiting it later on in the year, to see if all the effort has been worth it.


Back at the Potting Shed, I sorted out my seeds, threw out the old ones and organised my Master Plan for the veg plot. I've also received and planted my FREE native tree seeds and am really excited. Thanks to The Woodland Trust.  In years to come, I hope to have trees like these below...

How to be a Wildflower: A field Guide by Katie Daisy

Stopped in my tracks with an ear infection, I was diverted to the kitchen.  I found a delicious Leek and Celery Soup recipe (to be posted soon) and made this fruit cake for Mr G, hungry after all that digging...


Have a lovely week, whatever you do, and thank you for stopping by and reading my Blog :)


Comments