Holiday Roundup!

The last weeks of Term were fantastic and crazy.  School concerts, the village festival, fete and procession are all behind us now and my children have collapsed into the holidays!

My vegetables have thrived and grown with the mixed weather we have been enjoying here.  The mixture of sunshine and rain has been amazing!


With the berry harvest in, I'm clearing out the freezer, baking and feeding the family.  We've made blackcurrant cordial, fruit fool, rhubarb muffins gooseberry crumble, black cherry pancakes...


This Rhubarb Marzipan and Citrus Cake is a traybake winner! I make it with rhubarb or gooseberries as you can see in the picture.  It is a bit fiddly, but worth it: the sweet and tart combination is delicious.


This week, I made my first Chocolate Beetroot Brownies of the season to share with family and friends.   My family were fighting over the last one: they really are that good. Try the recipe below :)










Happy holibobs everyone and thank you for stopping by!

Links
Beetroot Brownies - Hugh Fearnely-Whittingstall:  River Cottage Recipes.
Quick and Easy Fruit Fool - link to an older post.
Rhubarb Marzipan and Citrus Cake -  Good Food's Rhubarb Traybake.

Comments