Our Favourite Damson Recipes

It is officially Autumn and I love this time of year.  The vibrant colours of leaves and fruit are wonderful.  I met and married in Autumn and had my first child in Autumn, so I am biased. However, for those of you who find it less-enchanting, here are a few recipes to cheer you up.

My hedgerow  now :)

You can go foraging for damsons, but we are lucky to have our own trees.  I stone and freeze some for later use, but Delia's muffins are easy to make and go down a treat.  I never bother with the topping as the muffins are quite delicious without it.  As soon as I bake them, they disappear, which is always a sign of success!  Damsons can be tart, but choose ripe fruit and they work beautifully.

Damson muffins

These are perfect as an afternoon treat for the kids or I take them to Granny and Grandad's and we share them over a catch-up and a cuppa.  

Damson Cheesecake

My latest recipe test has proved a big hit with children and adults alike.  Damson Cheesecake is a perfect recipe for this fruit and provides a piquant mix of of sweet and sour. We love it, so why don't you try it and see?

I'm off to pick more damsons...Bye for now!

Recipe Links
Delia's Plum or Damson Muffins
Damson Cheesecake - This is a delightful, light cheesecake with a tangy sauce.
Quick and Easy Fruit Fool - Link to an old post.
Healthy or Luxury Fruit Fool? - Fruit Fool to suit your taste...

Comments