Dad's Shirt: Make Do and Mend, Part 1

My husband wears lovely soft cotton shirts... 
This was discarded with a ripped sleeve,
so I chopped off the cuffs to patch the sleeve...
and sewed bias binding tape over the raw seams,
adding buttons and ribbon loops.
 Ta-da! Meet my new gardening shirt :)

Tip: This is a simple make-over because I am using this as a cover-up, but you can add lace, embroidery, buttons and patches to jazz up your shirt. I usually remove the collar, but am keeping this one to protect me from the sun!

How do you re-use or jazz up your shirts?

Try These Links for Inspiration! 
From Shirt to Skirt - My favourite skirt makeover, by Create/Enjoy
Get Shirty! - From His shirt to Her stylish blouse, by Jane Makes...
From Man's Shirt to Woman's Strapless Ruffled Cami  - By Sharon Sews.
4 Cute Upcycled Shirts - Chic and fashionable remakes by MMM
Men's Shirt to Halter Dress - Amazing dress and tutorial by Duckjustaduck.
Insomniac's Shirt Dress! - Simple styling by Jecka

Comments